Saturday 9 February 2013

New jobs and current projects

I've let this space fall quiet over the last year or so, partly because it was almost a year ago I landed my first full-time job, as a copyeditor, and also because I came to the conclusion - around that time - that my writing efforts should now be spent, chiefly, on writing longer pieces - novellas and, eventually, novels.

With this in mind, a couple of weeks ago I launched a new project called High Rise Barbican. It's going to be a serialised longer piece, perhaps short-novel length, set in a decadent post-apocalyptic present. I've also set up a new Twitter account for it, which I plan to keep updated with notes on the story, on the narrative and the ongoing writing process, and also on anything I think is relevant - basically any television shows, films, books, computer games and comics that deal in some way with the apocalyptic.

Here's the blog - http://highrisebarbican.blogspot.co.uk

And here's the Twitter account -twitter.com/HRBarbican

Eventually, my hope is that I'll have an artist I know churning out the occasional abstract illustration for the story, as well as a Youtube channel with dramatised readings.

Maybe I'll even have a web wizard put together a nicer platform.

Stay tuned on the High Rise Barbican, anyway, and auf wiedersehen for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment