Sunday 28 November 2010

On Friday, in the spare bedroom of my Mum's house, my girlfriend and I were lying/sitting on the bed. The family dog--a westie called Poppy--was trying to get up onto the bed with us. She stinks for want of a bath, so we kept her down. In her persistence to reach the bed, she got up on a chair (beside the bed, and level with it) and, as she placed her front paws on the bedcovers, my girlfriend pushed the chair away with her foot--so that the dog suddenly found itself suspended, stretched at full length, clinging for dear life onto the mattress while trying to keep its back paws on the chair, clinging like a lava-filled chasm lay below. We laughed so hard. Wish I'd got a picture.

Currently reading Peter Cheyney's Poison Ivy. I'll put a review of it on Amazon when I've finished, as there aren't any up there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment